About Denplan Care
- Denplan Care is a monthly payment plan which helps you pay for your routine and restorative dental treatment,
- The amount you pay is decided by your dentist and is based on your oral health and how much dental treatment you will need,
- After an initial assessment by the dentist of your oral health (for which you may be charged) you will be placed into one of five fee categories,
- Denplan Care includes worldwide dental injury and dental emergency cover and access to Denplan’s 24-Hour Worldwide Dental Emergency Helpline (for more details go to www.denplan.co.uk).
Denplan Care includes routine and restorative care such as:
- Hygiene treatment (including scaling and polishing)
- Dental x-rays
- Fillings which have been diagnosed as clinically necessary
- Preventive dental advice and therapy
- Extractions which have been diagnosed as clinically necessary
- Periodontal (gum) treatment
- Crowns, bridges, dentures, inlays (excluding laboratory fees)
- Root canal treatment
Denplan Care excludes:
- Laboratory fees and prescriptions,
- Referral to a specialist and specialist treatment,
- Treatment carried out anywhere other than by your registered dentist, except when you need temporary emergency dental treatment,
- Orthodontics, implants, cosmetic treatment,
- Sedation fees,
- Any treatment excluded by the dentist in your contract which is payable by you at the private fee rates.
Please remember – your routine dental treatment is at the discretion of your dentist and your contract is with your dentist, not Denplan.